Sunday, April 10, 2011

The life U have taught...

U have changed the meaning of life....
U have taught me how to face the strife..

U made me overcome my fears..
U taught me how to wipe away my tears...

U became my subtle guiding light...
In my innumerable lonely fights...

U took my hand so as not to let me fall...
U paved my way out of the opaque cell wall...

U gave me the freedom to choose my way...
As long as u thought it was safe to sway...

U overreacted to some of my decisions...
And made some a victim of your derisions...

U laughed with me even when you were sad...
And made it a point that i was always glad...

Never did u want to hurt me intentionally..
Except for sometimes when u did that specifically..

U compromised on ur sleep often..
Just to make my dream world soften...

U incorporated laughter into my everyday life...
Which produced the gay sound of a fife...

U took me aback by your sternness at times...
But made me realize the importance of life's dimes...

U challenged me for everything i hated doing..
But that eventually launched my determination brewing..

U struggled to make me happy whenever i was sad..
But never gave up even when my temper was bad...

U became a friend when i had none...
And u gave me happiness in a measure of ton...

The life u have taught has told me a story...
Of living it up in my own glory...

8 comments:

  1. Mesmerizing! no words to describe the effort, Got goosebumps with every word I read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enchanting poem... cn see every wrd popped frm ur heart, striking hard the very existence which cn shake the inner soul...on all a splendid effort.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @all....thanx a lot guys...!!!...

    ReplyDelete
  5. thnkuuuuu perraaa...i lubh u...
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. " "you" is just
    an insignificant no one"

    &

    "The life u have taught has told me a story
    Of living it up in my own glory"

    the best lines in the whole piece of work :) :)

    ReplyDelete