Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Everlasting Slumber...


Lost in the slumber
I sway with the wind
With my arms touching the skies 
I rise with the tides....


Lost in the slumber
I float in the clouds
Cuddled up like a baby
Snuggled up in my own world....


But all of a sudden
The scene changes
I find the world
Looking down upon me
From the cliff of heavens
Ready to tumble down
The memory lane bygone....


I try to find myself
In the million faces
Wanting to do nothing more
Than to find open spaces
To fit myself in the lanes
Carved by the mortal's clutches....


Struggling in vain
Crying in pain
Suffocated by myself
Feeling like an elf
Trapped in the race
To carve a place.... 


When a gentle touch 
Out of nowhere
Feeling so near
Caresses my tears
taking me in her arms
And that is my dear mom
Who walked me out
Of my otherwise everlasting slumber....

4 comments:

  1. BEAutiful :) :) any daughter can relate dis poem wid her mother..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnx jazzy....bt i hope every daughter doesn't get such weird dreams..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a vry sweet poem wit dramatic element.. an open heart readin is required to feel the touch it has,, ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome ma'am.. really amazing piece

    ReplyDelete